Monday, November 16, 2009

Big Daddy Thang!

Some of my friends from the UK might think of this one when I talk about big daddy!



Other more North American friends may think of this big daddy.



However, rapnerds will know that there is only one Big Daddy. Big Daddy Kane.



Unlike any rappers before him and unmatched to this day. BDK is a hero to the rap nerds. He defined a whole part of my childhood. While I could never manage to quite pull off the high top fade, when I got mad shapes shaved in my hair it was for Mr Kane. If only he knew how much I tried to be like him. Not alone, Kane was a huge influence on most of my friends.

When I meet new nerds these days, I don't judge them, but I always ask what they think of the Big Daddy to get a general idea of how our friendship is gonna pan out. Perhaps the 18th letter had as much e.f.f.e.c.t on me as a little nerd, but Kane had mad swagger.

There is a lot of debate about which album was the best. However, I have gone with the first three albums because they were the dope ones and i didn't listen to the later ones as I didn't want my image of The Big Daddy to be tarnished. The first one, Long Live The Kane is the one I have listen to the most. The hard rhymes and beats really define classic Hip Hop for me. The second was a little more hit and miss but still heads and shoulders above the competition. the third one, Taste of Chocolate was one I listened to less but it has grown on me in my latter years (Big Shout to Sean for reminding me about this nugget).

I dedicate this to two of my most loved and respected nerds.

  • CAP
  • Mr Oddjob Pady

This goes out to you!



The first LP was a killer.

Long Live the Kane.



Tracklist:

1. Long Live the Kane
2. Raw [Remix]
3. Set It Off
4. Day You're Mine
5. On the Bugged Tip
6. Ain't No Half Steppin'
7. I'll Take You There
8. Just Rhymin' With Biz
9. Mister Cee's Master Plan
10. Word to the Mother (Land)

Download

The second was Ill.

It's a Big Daddy Thing



Tracklist:

1. It's a Big Daddy Thing
2. Another Victory
3. Mortal Combat
4. Children R the Future
5. Young, Gifted and Black
6. Smooth Operator
7. Calling Mr. Welfare
8. Wrath of Kane [Live]
9. I Get the Job Done
10. Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now
11. Pimpin' Ain't Easy
12. Big Daddy's Theme
13. To Be Your Man
14. House That Cee Built
15. On the Move
16. Warm It Up, Kane
17. Rap Summary (Lean on Me) [Remix]

Download

The third was smooth

Taste of Chocolate



Tracklist:

1. Taste Of Chocolate (Intro)
2. Cause I Can Do It Right
3. It's Hard Being The Kane
4. Who Am I
5. Dance With The Devil
6. No Damn Good
7. All Of Me
8. Keep 'Em On The Floor
9. Mister Pitiful
10. Put Your Weight On It
11. Big Daddy Vs. Dolemite
12. Down The Line
13. Taste Of Chocolate (Exit)

Download

Big thanks to http://3-2-0.blogspot.com/ for the 320 links! Much love.

No comments: