Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Guru Rap Quiz

Due to the sad passing of Gang Starr's Guru the other day I am creating a truly Rap Nerdy tribute to him. We could hit you with all 6 Gang Starr Albums but you have those. We could give you some 12's but you probably have those too. So, It is time for your Guru Rap Quiz.




Simple, I will write the start to 20 Guru Lyrics. You need to write the next line. You can write the song it comes from for extra points!

1- So keep abreast to the GangStarr conquest
Underground ruffnecks.............

2 - Rhymes get twisted, brain cells dissolve
As the world revolves.............

3 - More than a decade of hits, that'll live forever
Catchin rep off my name?.............

4 - tons o' guns.............

5 - And so, you will know the meaning of the Gang Starr
Guru with the mic and.............

6 - Your head'll bop when I drop my crop
of pure bomb, just like the seashore I'm calm
But wild.............

7 - I be bringin salvation through the way that I rap
And you know, and I know.............

8 - You wish that you could come into my neighborhood
Meaning my mental state.............

9 - Dope vocals carry it, to the battle set
If a beat was a princess.............

10 - Rap is an art you can't own no loops
It's how you hook em up.............

11 - When I slam the alley-oop, you can rally troops.............

12 - A lot of rappers got flavor, and some got skills
But if your voice ain't dope.............

13 - Plus my aunt's got a room that's for rent
As long as there's no hoes.............

14 - I never sleep. I always peep. Rhymes creep.............

15 - Take two and pass so we can all get blunted
Don't smoke ciggarettes.............

16 - Glance per chance, watch GangStarr perfect
And dance your pants like champs.............

17 - The meaning of the name GangStarr, well I'll tell ya
It means.............

18 - And you will find that this perspective is best, check it out.............

19 - Insistin they come off, I let 'em get some off
Then come back wit drum tracks.............

20 - So jet to the rear and you better just follow.............



No comments: