Sunday, May 10, 2009

Randomness is next to godliness

No Rhyme or Reason to today's post, just some random joints for your listening pleasure.


The first one I meant to post a while ago but never got around to it and I'm a little excited about this one. You get 5 mixes of Hickeys, but the real treat here is the B-side heater "Milk Does The Body Good". This one definitely shoulda been on the Slow Flow mix. Audio Two - Hickeys Around My Neck 12"




"TV stars, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, her brother Michael, feeling babies for some rectum action" Tim Dog & Kool Keith sounding a little disrespectful over beats by Kut Masta Kurt & Evidence. Vurrry goood. Ultra - Industry Is Wack 12"




Really really dope comp of old mostly Hobo Junction stuff. Oooh! Ya know ya can't front on the style. Lots of Saafir & a Casual song I'd never heard before (keep ya hands off it Dan, I'm using it on my next mix!) Southpaw Records - Cheapshots, Low Blows & Sucker Punches EP





I don't remember where I heard this first, but I'm always surprised at how many people don't know it. The original is dope, but the addition of De La Soul alongside Da Babees & The Mighty Mos pushes it over the top. Beats & acapella incl.
Da Bush Babees - The Love Song Remix 12"






I uploaded this one just for the Vast Aire joint, but the LoDeck & Zion I joints are nice too, all produced by DJ Ese & Hipsta. Back when the internet was just a baby I searched far and wide for pretty much any mixtapes I could find & I ordered a bunch. A few really sucked, but the Ese & Hipsta tape stood out & I still bump it today. Various Artists - Embedded Studios 12"




Finally, a somewhat hard to find Pharoahe Monch & DJ Spinna single from 2000 I think. Like the other stuff posted here today, this is probably not gonna get a lot of run in the clubs. Pharoahe Monch - Tooley Crew Personified 12"

No comments: