Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What's An Autotune?

So my new job is kinda a bummer...glad to be working, but some days are rough. One of the most annoying things is the omni-present radio noise; it had been years since I listened to rock radio so the first couple shifts were surprisingly good. After a couple weeks, however, I've started wearing earplugs so I don't have to listen to the same 8 songs all the time. Seriously.

During a particularly brutal shift last week, I was walking into a different area (sometimes people have different stations in different areas) when I thought I heard
some familiar sounding horns. My first thought was "what motherfuckers are sullying this classic?". I was a little annoyed. Then I got closer and heard

"Walk the fine, short line, and put the needle to the grind
Representin’ one kind, seeing eye for the blind
Witness what I carry on bears a further purpose
From how we do slam a few, then you want to purchase"

I lost my shit and went to tell everybody else, after the song of course, but not one glimmer of recognition. The rest of the shift I kept hoping for more jewels, but all I got was that BEP song that makes me want to kill myself.

I miss the nerds...


What's An Autotune?

Vintage - Mighty Mi & Vast Aire
Future Thugs - Ghostface Killah f/ Redman, Ludacris & Trife
Magnetic Arts - DJ Honda f/ Mos Def
Blak Iz Blak - Mau Maus
Hadle Your Time - Prince Paul f/ Sadat X, Xzibit & Kid Creole
Critically Acclaimed - Statik Selektah f/ Lil' Fame, Saigon & Sean Price
U Gotta Love Us - House Of Reps
Underground - Deams f/ Ice-T
Robot - KRS-One & Buckshot
Take It Off - The High & Mighty f/ Vast Aire
Death Of Autotune - Jay-Z
Hidden Crate - Showbiz & A.G.
Molly - Tame One f/ Breezly Brewin' & Aesop Rock
Hit 'Em Up - Reef The Lost Cauze f/ King Magnetic
Stress - Guilty Simpson
Making Your Way In The World - DJ Spinna f/ Breezly Brewin' & J-Treds
The Healer - Erykah Badu
Kinda Like A Big Deal - Clipse
Slaves (Straight Jacket Mix) - Godfather Don f/ Kool Keith
Vultures - MF Grimm
Dear Autumn - Breezly Brewin'

Jambone

3 comments:

djtwohands said...

Oh SNAP!

"I don't like thugs, I like rapnerds"
Sean P said it yo, now will you all believe?

Unknown said...

I can't wait 'till hip hop comes back.

Chris Pady said...

Drizzle, cheers for another solid mix that will be listened to repeatedly.

I also am missing the nerds these days - at least I can avoid the radio at work though.

hang tough