Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tight like hallways, smoked out always

This is a quick mix I originally put together for Dan's ig'nant ass, but I've been bumping it steady so I figured I'd post it for the rest of the nerds.

Goodie MOb. was the first group that had me checking for shit outside the east coast (besides Tha Liks, Digital Underground & Tone Loc, of course). Looking back now, I don't know what I was thinking, but I didn't wanna hear anything west of Philly. Then I heard was 'Decisions, Decisions' off the Soul Assassins album and holy shit, there was good music outside of Queensbridge & Shaolin.

At that point I was obviously a little late to the party, but from Atlanta, out to L.A. and finally back to Houston, Goodie MOb. & OutKast opened up my eyes, er...ears, and I check for guys like Rick Ross & Ludacris today because of 'em.

Remember nerds, ya gotta keep it scientific.

"Well, I'm from the dirty, filthy nasty dirty south /So many niggas still think we soft /And I swore, I wouldn't never write no rhyme like this /But now you're startin to piss me off, ha ha ha"

Goodie MOb./OutKast Mix

No comments: