Monday, July 21, 2008

What your album lack is more Jay-Z

It' about time we got some more Jay-Z in here, and I'm guessing you other clowns aren't going to do anything about it, so here we go. Some of my harder to find and favorite Jigga songs. These have been approved for all rap nerds, so stop making that face and click the pretty blue words.



1. Streets Is Watching (Dirty) - This one had me searching for about ten years...first heard it on a Tony Touch tape (#58, I think), and it was only available on a promo single with 'Sunshine' on the A side. I don't know why they put the clean version on the album; that shit really pisses me off. Of course now it's not so hard to find the dirty version, but it's still a gem, haters.



2.Dig A Hole (Original) - I have no idea where this came from, but it's a waaaaaay better version of the track from Kingdom Come. Just Blaze is very hit and miss with me, but I can't believe they left this one of the album.

3. Dead Presidents III - This one's from the bonus disc that came with Kingdom Come - not really rare, but in case ya missed it...


4. Get My Shit Off - Timbaland & Jigga; this one never saw a proper release. Get it now if ya missed it, suckas.



5. In My Lifetime (Original Ski Version) - from '95 (his first solo 12"?) With still some traces of the Hawaiian Sophie flow, our young Jigga starts maturing:

"
While niggaz are shootin' stupid I'm carefully plottin', ways to make it rotten, Well planned hits until you're long forgotten,Y'all niggaz that utilize my style don't hurt me, cause on the low half of these rappin'-ass niggaz wanna work for me"


edit: Streets Is Watching (Dirty) Re-up

1 comment:

Schwatnot said...

Yo good lookin' on this dirty version of STreets Is Watchin'. I too have been lookn for it for crazy long. Such a ill track, how can the original uncensored version be so rare? I heard it on a best of jay-z mixtape years ago, but I wanted a good recording without a dj cuttin it and hollerin all over it.
I've also been lookin' for the dirty versions of "escobar '97" and mobb deep's "mobb of steel". I have both of them on classic clue tapes, but for a rap nerd like me, that just aint cuttin it. if you have any of these you could share, hit me at Schwatnot@optonline.net. Good Look